Tag Archive : 爱上海319龙凤

/ 爱上海319龙凤

first_imgTop StoriesSaifuddin Soz Says He Is Under Detention After SC Accepts J&K Admin’s Claim That He Is Free Radhika Roy29 July 2020 9:59 PMShare This – xThe Supreme Court on Wednesday stated that the habeas corpus petition filed on behalf of octogenarian Congress leader and former Union Minister Prof. Saifuddin Soz cannot be entertained in view of the counter-affidavit filed by Jammu and Kashmir administration which stated that no detention order has been passed against him.Taking on record Jammu and Kashmir administration’s statement that…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Supreme Court on Wednesday stated that the habeas corpus petition filed on behalf of octogenarian Congress leader and former Union Minister Prof. Saifuddin Soz cannot be entertained in view of the counter-affidavit filed by Jammu and Kashmir administration which stated that no detention order has been passed against him.Taking on record Jammu and Kashmir administration’s statement that former Union minister Saifuddin Soz was never placed under detention and was free to go wherever he wanted to go, a bench comprising Justice Arun Mishra, Vineet Saran and MR Shah disposed of the plea without granting any relief.After the Court disposed of the plea, a report by NDTV emerged claiming that Soz was still under detention, contrary to the claims of the administration.In the video, Soz was seen shouting “Let Supreme Court see how I am being detained”.Watch | Saifuddin Soz kept behind locked gates in his home, shouts “Let Supreme Court see how I am being detained” pic.twitter.com/nhRi1LE0Vf— NDTV (@ndtv) July 29, 2020Sharing the NDTV video in Twitter, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor said “The continued detention of octogenarian former Union Minister Saifuddin So is a national disgrace. Why can’t the SC demand the Govt justify it or relase him?”The continued detention of octogenarian former Union Minister Saifuddin Soz is a national disgrace. Why can’t the SC demand the Govt justify it or release him? https://t.co/niquDyu8Ig— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) July 29, 2020On Wednesday, Senior Advocate Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi, appearing in the petition, submitted to the Court , “One fine day in August, you put me under detention. Now in their Counter, they say that I am not under detention and that I’m free”. To this, Justice Mishra remarked that the Counter averred that Prof. Soz had travelled outside J&K. Dr. Singhvi responded that the Petitioner had been unwell, and had only travelled for medical reasons. Refusing to address any other submissions of Singhvi, the Bench proceeded to dispose of the matter in view of the Counter Affidavit which stated that “no such order [pertaining to detention of Prof. Soz] has ever been passed”. The habeas corpus petition, filed by Advocate-on-Record Sunil Fernandes, on behalf of Prof. Soz’s wife, Mrs. Mumtazunnisa Soz, stated that “ten months have passed since his first detention and he is yet to be informed of his grounds of detention. All efforts by him to obtain a copy of the detention order(s) have been of no avail due to the illegal, arbitrary exercise of powers by the Respondent No. 2”. The plea further contended that the detention was wholly contrary and perverse to the constitutional safeguards laid down under Articles 21 and 22 of the Constitution of India, as well as the law on preventive detention. It was further in contravention of the statutory scheme of the J&K Public Safety Act, 1978, under which the detention order had been purportedly passed.It was further contended that the authority has  refused to supply a copy of the detention order, despite repeated requests by the detenu, failing which the detenu has been put under detention for a prolonged period with no recourse under law, the plea said However, in a denial of the contentions placed in the habeas corpus plea, the J&K Home Department filed a Counter Affidavit, claiming that the Petitioner had never been detained, nor put under any house arrest. It further stated that there was no question of provision of detention order as no such order had been passed in the first place. Averring that the submissions in the plea were “false, frivolous and baseless”, the Counter also alluded to two instances of Prof. Soz having travelled outside J&K by air in 2019. Additionally, the claim that the Station House Officer of Budgam had visited the Petitioner’s residence to instruct the security guards about the alleged detention was also denied by the J&K Home Department.The affidavit stated that Soz is a “categorized protectee” in view of the developments after the abrogation of special status of J&K on August 5 last year, and police personnel are deployed at his house for his protection.”It is submitted that by virtue of being a categorized protectee, Prof. Saifuddin Soz has been provided with round the clock armed guards and Personal Security Officers from Jammu Kashmir police.  Further, whenever he goes out for his personal, political or official assignments, he travels in Government Bullet Resident Vehicle with other Government vehicles that are included in the cavalcade during his movement as a part of security protocol…As a categorized protectee, residential guard and access control stands deployed at the residence of Prof. Saifuddin Soz. The petitioner is also provided personal security cover in the form of one PSO from the Security Kashmir for her protection”, the affidavit stated.Soz has been re-elected numerous times for the Lok Sabha and also served as Union Minister besides being the President of the Jammu & Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee for quite some time, it said, adding that he was never threat to the peace. Various political leaders including former chief ministers Farooq Abdullah, Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti were arrested and put under house detention in August last year following the abrogation of Article 370. Next Storylast_img read more

first_imgThe Big What? is back this year for its seventh year and slated to take over Pittsboro, North Carolina, toward the tail-end of summer. Running from August 16th through 18th, the festival serves as a home base to jam band up-and-comers BIG Something. BIG Something will play all three nights of their festival in addition to performances by other favorite acts from the jam scene. The recent announcement of the full festival lineup reveals that the weekend will also feature performances by Sunsquabi, TAUK, Cory Wong of Vulfpeck, Consider The Source, Funk You, Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers, Dr. Bacon, Becca Stevens, and many more, plus secret late night sets by mystery artists.As the band shares in a press release:“We are really excited about The Big What? this year. BIG Something will perform more sets than ever before and we’re already working on some great new material and surprises to debut at the festival. We really love getting creative with our fans and turning the festival into one big art project. This year we hope to take that creativity to a new level.”Check out the lineup below, and head to the band’s website for more information.Last week, BIG Something released their 5th studio album, The Otherside, a follow-up to 2017’s Tumbleweed, the band’s most critically-acclaimed release to date. BIG Something will celebrate the release with a two-night performance at Greenfield Lake Amphitheater in Wilmington, NC during their The Big What? Wilmington event on April 27 & 28. Check out the band’s full tour schedule below.BIG Something Tour Dates:4/27 – Wilmington, NC @ The Big What? Wilmington4/28 – Wilmington, NC @ The Big What? Wilmington5/5 – North Charleston, SC @ Trondossa Music & Arts Festival5/18 – Savannah, GA @ Barrelhouse South5/19 – Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West5/25 – Covington, KY @ Octave5/26-27 – Chillicothe, IL @ Summer Camp Music Festival5/31-6/2 – Minden, WV @ Mountain Music Festival6/15 – Augusta, GA @ Sky City *6/16 – Birmingham, AL @ Slicefest6/21-24 – Rothbury, MI @ Electric Forest Festival6/28-7/1 – Rothbury, MI @ Electric Forest Festival6/29 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues **7/14-15 – Telluride, CO @ The Ride Festival7/15 – Telluride CO @ The Night Ride @ Sheridan Opera House7/19-22 – Scranton, PA @ The Peach Festival8/16 – Pittsboro, NC @ The Big What?8/17 – Pittsboro, NC @ The Big What?8/18 – Pittsboro, NC @ The Big What?8/25 – Arrington, VA @ Lockn’ Festival1/10-1/14 – Runaway Bay, Jamaica @ moe.’s Tropical Throedown* w/ Too Many Zooz** w/ Umphrey’s McGeeView All Tour Dateslast_img read more

first_imgLampard won 11 major honours in his 13 years as a player at Stamford Bridge.A deal between the Blues and Serie A champions Juventus was agreed in principle on Thursday, with the Italian club expected to have to pay in excess of £5million in compensation to secure Sarri.The Italian, who has spent just one season at Stamford Bridge after arriving from Napoli in July 2018, won his first trophy as manager when he guided Chelsea to Europa League victory over Arsenal last month.Derby have a good relationship with Chelsea, who loaned them Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori last season, and anticipate if negotiations do take place, they will be done so in a relaxed atmosphere.However, as with all their coaching staff, there is a compensation clause built into Lampard’s contract, which has two years to run.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Chelsea would have to pay Derby around £4m in compensation if they appoint club legend Frank Lampard as their new manager.With current boss Maurizio Sarri set to be confirmed as Max Allegri’s replacement at Juventus, Lampard is the overwhelming favourite to take over.However, BBC Sport understands Chelsea are yet to make contact with the Rams.last_img read more

first_img PAHO: 2.6 million undernourished in the region, still obesity up Turks and Caicos Premier says nation ‘elated’ over removal from Zika list; praises CARPHA and CARICOM Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 09 Dec 2014 – Experts are on the ground, trained in a worst case scenario on how to ship Ebola Virus Disease out of the country if it is ever detected in The Turks and Caicos Islands. News has quieted down somewhat, but the guard is still up at the country’s ports of entries with monitoring and temperature testing as the Turks and Caicos and the Caribbean remain Ebola-Free. Recently a series of workshops were held in the region; the Turks and Caicos attending one in mid-November which has now delivered to the country four Category A professionals to contend with the deadly Ebola Virus Disease or EVD. The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) sponsored the “Infectious Shipping Training”; held November 17-19 and now Andrico Garland, medical technologist at the TCI Hospitals is among those ready for any EVD action, if it comes our way. Health Minister, Hon Porsha Smith said: “The training was done in accordance with The World Health Organization (WHO) Guidance on regulations for the Transport of Infectious Substances…”. These four technologists Certified as Category A IATA Professionals are the only individuals in the country trained to handle and package the likes of Ebola specimens. Twelve countries were represented at the training held in Port of Spain, Trinidad where CARPHA is headquartered. Recommended for you Related Items:andrico garland, carpha, Ebola, iata, paho, Portia smith CDC supports CARPHA in Zika PR Campaign materials to regionlast_img read more

DODs Path to Net Zero Remains Hazy GAO Finds

September 13, 2019 | tqhsdewk | No Comments

first_imgFully achieving net zero status at DOD installations — reducing the consumption of energy, water and waste resources to an effective rate of zero — is unrealistic and ultimately cost prohibitive, service officials told the Government Accountability Office (GAO), according to a new report from the congressional watchdog agency.The department has not fully identified the potential costs of implementing net zero initiatives, the agency found. The only spending dedicated to net zero initiatives involved studies to establish baselines and assess the feasibility and costs of net zero at various installations. The Army reported spending $14.2 million on net zero studies from fiscal 2011-2013; the Navy reported spending about $2.6 million on studies; and the Air Force spent almost $80,000 on an implementation plan in 2012.A 2011 study by the Energy Department’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory concluded it would cost $842 million in capital expenditures for Fort Carson, Colo., to achieve 92 percent of its net zero energy goal.The Army is the only military department that has a net zero program, although it is not explicitly funded. Officials described the Army’s Net Zero Initiative, in part, as an awareness campaign intended to generate interest in conservation and sustainability at the installation level, according to the report.In 2014, the service directed commands to implement net zero efforts “to the maximum extent practical and fiscally prudent” and to move toward net zero goals using existing resources. Officials told GAO the Army is developing a process for measuring installations’ progress in meeting net zero goals.Navy officials said their 2011 goal to achieve net zero energy status at 50 percent of the service’s installations by 2020 is not being actively pursued; instead, the Navy is concentrating on conservation efforts.In 2012, the Air Force established goals to achieve a net zero posture. The policy is intended to focus energy, water and waste investments on attaining cost savings while meeting net zero goals.DOD officials told GAO the department has not established an integrated net zero strategy because until recently there had been no statutory goals regarding net zero. They have been working on implementation guidance to address the net zero goals included in Executive Order 13693, Planning for Federal Sustainability in the Next Decade, issued March 19, 2015. The Pentagon expects to issue the guidance this month. Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more