Tag Archive : 爱上海FA

/ 爱上海FA

first_img I want talented young people from all backgrounds to be able to access careers in government. As the Treasury launches the government’s first ever economics apprenticeship, we will grow a new generation of economists who can apply their skills and knowledge to the opportunities and challenges in this country. I’m thrilled this new, high-quality professional economist apprenticeship has been approved. These apprentices will have the opportunity to gain a degree while getting vital on the job training, giving them a head start in their careers. We’re delighted to launch this new apprenticeships programme for the Government Economic Service. Creating this new opportunity for talented young people from all over the country will bring a wider and more diverse group of people into the Government Economic Service. We are looking forward to working with these new apprentices on a whole range of important issues which affect the lives of people across the country. Launching the new programme, joint heads of the Government Economics Service, Clare Lombardelli and Sam Beckett said: People as young as 17 can apply for the first ever civil service economics apprenticeship with successful candidates being offered a starting salary of more than £20,000 (£22,000 in London). Around 75 new starters will take up their posts across government from Autumn 2019.Economists play a key role advising ministers, analysing evidence and helping improve policy decisions. They can do everything from helping to write Budgets to predicting how people will travel around or communicate in the future.The apprenticeship is part of the government’s drive to open up opportunity – and follows the new T-levels which aim to create a world-class technical education system to help people succeed in the economy of the future.Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond said: Apprenticeships and Skills Minister Anne Milton said: HM Treasury, Department for Work and Pensions, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Department for Education and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs will offer the apprenticeships which will be based around the country.The Government Economic Service Degree Apprenticeship Programme (GES-DAP) will be delivered in partnership with the University of Kent and will be open to candidates with GCSE maths at grade B (6) or above and 96 UCAS points – equivalent to CCC at A-level or MMM/DD BTEC Diploma/Certificate.The programme is open to eligible young people aged 17 and over. The application process will open in December 2018. For more information on the programme and how to apply visit the gov.uk website.last_img read more

first_imgBayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign winger Leroy Sane from Manchester City, according to various media reports in Germany and England on Tuesday.Advertisement Loading… The 24-year-old was reportedly close to signing for Bayern last year before suffering a knee injury.Sky Sports and the BBC say the two clubs have agreed a fee of £54.8 million (59.97 million euros, $67.36 million), with German daily Bild reporting a fee of “at least 50 million euros”.Bild said Sane will sign a five-year contract at the German champions, with the transfer fee far lower than the 100 million euros mentioned last year.Sane’s contract at Manchester City is due to run out in June, 2021.Sports magazine Kicker said a deal is “near”.The Germany international made his first Premier League appearance of the season as a substitute against Burnley last week.But City manager Pep Guardiola admitted earlier this month that Sane was likely to leave after rejecting a new contract offer.“Leroy said he does not want to extend the contract next season so it means he wants to leave and it is going to happen this summer or at the end of the contract,” he said.Sane (R) made his first league appearance of the season last weekRead Also: Serie A: Juventus keep Lazio at bay with Genoa win“I think everybody knows if at the end of this season there is an agreement of both clubs, he is going to leave.”Sane has scored 39 goals in 135 matches in all competitions for City since joining from Bundesliga club Schalke in 2016.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted Content8 Best 1980s High Tech GadgetsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone10 TV Characters Who Were Destined To Become Iconic7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew Aboutlast_img read more

first_imgSeveral Liberian engineers and chemists returned home last Thursday after completing specialized and intensive training in Jakarta, Indonesia,The training was sponsored by Golden Veroleum Liberia (GVL), which will employ the nine engineers and chemists in the operation and maintenance of farms, factories and mills it intends to establish here in the near future.The seven engineers received training in Oil Palm Mill construction, maintenance and operation while the other two were trained as Chemists.The engineers are reported to have undergone an 18-month program and on-the-job training, while the chemists underwent a six-month course.The GVL trained cadets will head to Sinoe and Grand Kru, where they will manage various projects for the company, which will help to bring economic stability to the region.During the welcoming ceremony at GVL headquarters in Sinkor, Assistant Minister for Regional Labor Affairs, Prince M. Korvah, expressed hope that the new professionals will not only be welcomed back home but will be fully provided for and given the privilege to work. “We want to commend the GVL family for a job a well done and we want you to know that you are true partners to the Liberian government. We hope that this will not be the end. By next year we hope that the company will have sent abroad another batch for study and intensive training,” Mr. Korvah said.Admonishing the professionals to contribute to the rebuilding process of the country, Assistant Minister for Planning and Development at the Ministry of Agriculture, Mr. Ousman Tall, lauded the company for investing in human capacity-building in Liberia.Mr. Tall indicated that the government has invested considerably in human resource-building in the country, adding that capacity building is not only about welcoming the students back home but further investing in their expertise.“Let me admonish you not to think that you have learned it all, because learning is a continuing process. You have to open your mind to development and remember also to humble yourself,” Minister Tall said.Also making remarks at the ceremony, was Grand Kru County Electoral District # 2 Representative, Numene Bartekwa, expressed thanks to the GVL management and lauded the experts for undergoing the training, adding: “Sinoe and Grand Kru Counties need you to help develop their farms. When the company was looking for brilliant people to go for studies, you showed yourselves to be capable and have proved it.”Thanking GVL for the opportunity afforded them the experts assured the gathering of their profound desire to work with the company and to help in promoting capacity building in the country.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

first_imgThey remembered her records. The way she ran. How high she jumped. And the way she smiled, more than anything. For years, they defended Marion Jones when others tried to besmirch her name. She was their star and they knew her best, long before the world ever did. Jerry Sawitz even sent a letter to Time magazine defending Jones, whom he coached in the long jump at Thousand Oaks High in 1991-92. But now. … Now? … Now … they’re just sad. Friday afternoon, after years of steadfast denials, Marion Jones pleaded guilty in White Plains, N.Y., to lying to federal investigators about her use of banned drugs from 1999 to 2001, then apologized to her supporters and the sport in a tearful news conference on the courthouse steps in which she announced her retirement from track and field. Until Sawitz heard the words from Jones’ mouth, there was a part of him that believed she’d been clean. That part, the coach now says, is the part that has always wanted to believe her because of the Marion Jones he got to know as a high school junior and senior. “She was just one of the most amazing athletes you’re ever going to see. “I mean, once-in-a-lifetime kind of athletes,” Sawitz said. “I’ve seen her take a tennis ball and dunk it in a basketball hoop. I’d always defended her because what she was doing at 15 or 16; running the 100 meters in 11.1 (seconds) wasn’t that much of a stretch from what she did on the world stage. I just thought it was a natural progression for a great athlete. “But the Marion Jones you see today is a different person than the Marion Jones we knew in 1992. The Marion you see now is the result of a lot of poor decisions. It’s really sad.” Those who knew her at Thousand Oaks aren’t the only ones trying to make sense of the shocking turn of events. Inger Miller was never close with Marion Jones, but their careers have been intertwined for more than 15 years. Miller had starred at Muir High in Pasadena in 1987-90; Jones burst onto the scene as a freshman at Rio Mesa High in Oxnard in 1990 and was good enough as a 14-year-old to push Miller in her senior year. Later, they’d team on the winning 400-meter relay team at the 1997 World Championships. In 1999, Miller finished second to Jones in the 100 meters at the World Championships. Miller won the 200 meters in record time, but only after Jones pulled out with back spasms. Saying a prayer At the time, everyone wondered whether Jones would’ve won both races if she hadn’t got hurt. Now, that question has been flipped on its head. “It’s a shame that we are where we are right now,” said Miller, who now runs an event-planning company in Los Angeles. “It’s a good thing for everyone that the truth has come out. Ultimately, I think the sport is bigger than any one person.” Asked whether she thought she should be awarded the gold medal in the 100 from the 1999 World Championships, Miller said, “I just want them to do what’s just and what’s right. … This is a sad day. It’s not something I’m rejoicing over. It’s not a happy occasion.” Gail Devers, the former UCLA star who went on to win three Olympic gold medals and has competed against and with Jones since 1991, said she was saddened by Friday’s developments. “My first thought was to say a prayer for her and her family and whatever she is going through. That’s all we can do is pray. I am not the judge or jury,” Devers said. “All I ask is that she asks God for forgiveness and that her family and particularly her son will be shielded from any harm.” Now that Jones has admitted to lying to federal prosecutors about using banned substances, there could be a lot of rewriting of the record books. She could be stripped of the Olympic and World Championship medals she won. “She has done so much for the sport. I am sure that she was afraid of letting everybody down. Everybody makes mistakes and it’s hard for me to jump on her,” said rising sprint star Danielle Carruthers, a two-time indoor national champion in the 60 meters. “But she made some bad decisions and now she has to answer to it.” Jones’ brushes with the drug-testing authorities began in high school. In 1992, she missed an out-of-competition drug test when an overnight package informing her of the test was misplaced in a coaches office. High-profile lawyer Johnnie Cochran Jr. came to her aid, and she was later cleared at a hearing. Suspicions resurface The suspicions about Jones using performance enhancers resurfaced in 2000, when her then-husband, C.J. Hunter, tested positive for steroids. Then in 2003, her name was linked to Victor Conte and his BALCO operation. “You heard whispers and speculation, but I really tried to stay away from that,” Miller said. “I knew I was running as fast as I could, by doing things the right way, so I knew she (could be too).” Sawitz is one of the only people who knew Jones as a high schooler that is left at Thousand Oaks High. Head track coach Art Green died in August. Sprints coach Jerry Murphy passed away last year. Girls’ basketball coach Chuck Brown is retired, and did not return messages left at his home phone number. In 2000, when Jones won five medals (three gold, two bronze) at the Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia, about 200 people gathered at the Thousand Oaks Community Center, which is adjacent to the school campus, to watch her perform and to celebrate their hometown hero. In 2004 though, Jones published a book that claimed she was lonely, unhappy and had no friends in her years at Thousand Oaks. “To this day, my memories of Thousand Oaks are painful,” she wrote in “Marion Jones: Life in the Fast Lane.” “Thousand Oaks used me. But I used them too.” Those words stung Sawitz and those who’d known Jones in high school. He couldn’t imagine that the “happy-go-lucky girl” he’d known had been unhappy and lonely the whole time. So he called up one of her friends from high school, Samantha Clark (now Hollister), and asked how good of friends they were. “Samantha was like, ‘We were best friends. I thought,”‘ Sawitz said. “I didn’t know what to make of it. It was sad. I guess she’s just a different person.” Kirby Lee contributed to this report. [email protected] (818) 713-3617 Marion Jones’ statement Friday “Making these false statements to federal agents was an incredibly stupid thing for me to do, and I am responsible fully for my actions. I have no one to blame but myself for what I’ve done. “To you, my fans, including my young supporters, the United States Track & Field Association, my closest friends, my attorneys, and the most classy family a person could ever hope for, mainly my mother, my husband, my children, my brother and his family, my uncle and the rest of my extended family, I want you to know that I have been dishonest, and you have the right to be angry with me. “I have let them down. I have let my country down. And I have let myself down. I recognize that by saying that I’m deeply sorry, it might not be enough and sufficient to address the pain and the hurt that I have caused you. Therefore, I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions, and I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me. “I have asked Almighty God for my forgiveness. Having said this and because of my actions, I am retiring from the sport of track and field, a sport that I deeply love. I promise that these events will be used to make the lives of many people improve. That by making the wrong choices and bad decisions can be disastrous. I want to thank you all for your time.”160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

JUDGMENT RESERVED IN CO DONEGAL MURDER TRIAL

December 28, 2019 | kzmwuuff | No Comments

first_imgThe Special Criminal Court in Dublin has reserved judgment on legal issues in the trial of a man accused of murdering in Co Donegal.Martin Kelly, is on trial for the murder of Andrew Burns whose body was found by a group of teenagers in the car park of a church at Donnyloop in 2008. It is the prosecution case that Kelly was part of a joint enterprise to lure Mr Burns from Strabane to Donnyloop where he was shot twice.Martin Kelly, 36, a bus driver, of Barrack St, Strabane has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Mr Andrew Burns, 27, an unemployed man, also from Strabane at Donnyloop, Castlefin on February 12, 2008.The court has heard that Mr Burns was shot twice in the back with the fatal gunshot penetrating his aorta, causing massive blood loss and death.The three judge non jury court has heard 12 days of evidence in a “trial within a trial” on the admissibility of alleged statements made by Kelly while in garda custody in Letterkenny and during an interview in the North with two senior garda officers.The defence is challenging the arrest and detention of the accused at Letterkenny Garda Station. The defence is also challenging the admissibility of alleged statements made by Kelly on the grounds that they were not made voluntarily because of “inducements and threats” by members of the gardaí.Mr Justice Paul Butler, presiding, made an order that there should be no reporting of the evidence in the “trial within a trial” until the court has decided on the legal issues.The court has reserved judgment on the legal issues until a later date.JUDGMENT RESERVED IN CO DONEGAL MURDER TRIAL was last modified: November 3rd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more